Thursday, November 6, 2014

What the hell is wrong with me????

Hey Diggers,                                                                                                                                I am having more trouble getting this "blog" thing down than any other person or monkey on the planet! Unless my brother is sitting next to me, I cannot even log in properly!!!    Last week was a rush to do the winter prep work. One last mowing of the lawn, taking in my clothesline, (last year was my first experience with a real one and if it sits outside, the snow and ice make the cord worthless).                                                                                                                                  I had to go to our town's D.P.W. to get winter sand. I must be quite a comical sight. I bring my shovel, several 5 gallon pails, and my walker.(It has 4 wheels and a seat and bicycle brakes) I use it every day I am outside. Not only to walk to my gardens, but under the seat there is a handy dandy saddlebag.I load it up with twine, hand clippers, small shovels, wire and wire cutters, a screwdriver, sharpening stone, gloves, and any thing else I may need. It's too much work to go back to the house if I have forgotten anything. So..as I started to say about the sand, I bring all my stuff to said sandpile, and load pails about 1/3 full of sand, put one or two on the seat, and wheel them to my truck.                Betcha you wish YOUR wheelbarrow had 4 wheels and a couple of bicycle brakes. I put all shovels, rakes, clippers, etc. in my nicely swept reorganized shed. The only thing I have not done is cram 200 plastic flowerpots of many sizes in the space remaining. Every so often I have to tour my yard to make sure the chicken wire is intact. You wondered how I keep Butch out of my flowers. It ain't easy. I have to be creative. I had 8 sections of split-rail fence in my front. This year, I got the urge to be creative and pulled all of it out of the ground and (using my walker as my wheelbarrow) schlepped them up to the back and put them around my garden beds. My dog has sailed between the rails like a deer and I stapled 36 inch chicken wire to block the space between the two top rails. So far, so good. Unless he sees a gap. I planted Siberian Iris at the base of the fences, and to make the wire pretty I use Morning Glories. Those suckers will climb onto anything! It's colorful and a quick fix. BEWARE!!! Unless you want more next year you must deadhead those seeds. I still spend half my spring pulling the babies I don't want out. Small price to pay but it's worth it.     Next time if you let me, I'm gonna sing the praises of my little S10 truck, a must have for a gardening pack rat like myself. Keep those hands in the dirt!!!!  Bye.

                                                                                                                                

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally deleted your wonderful comment . Told you I was no good at this stuff. I have two words for your husband.....CABLE TIES!! They did wonders to hold my huge climber rose on my arbor. If he uses the clear ones, no one will know but the ivy.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Jerry! The thought of my walker all loaded with rakes,shovels and tools sticking out I guess is rather amusing. My neighbors are just used to it . I must be the neighborhood bag lady. I look strange, but I get the job done in one trip. It would be fodder for a cartoon!

      Delete
  3. Next, we have to work on getting photos for your blog. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! One of Butch and one of me as a "bag lady" for Jerry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get 'er done! Enquiring minds require lots of stimulation!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment!